Saturday, February 25, 2017

Little Feet


I found this poem in my journal and I wish to dedicate it to Isaiah on his "gotcha day" today.


Little Feet

I love these little feet
They have walked across African soil
Now they rest and sleep
These feet have seen the women weep
They have seen the men’s great toil
In the dry and barren streets

These feet have stepped on paths of death
Yet they thrive now in the light
These feet have known what hunger is
They have known the darkness, known the bliss
They have known the agony of the night
They have felt the wonder of the breath

I love these little feet
These feet that come from African soil
Now they rest and sleep
And in my heart I sense the deep
And the pleasure in the tumultuous toil
That brought him from the barren street

And now he rests at home

No comments:

Post a Comment