Thursday, June 22, 2017

Shadows on the Parking Lot



Shadows on the Parking Lot
I walk along during the late afternoon
The sun still high enough to make it like mid-day
The geometric shapes of shadows line the bay
They have changed
But yet they still are patterns
I wonder why all these patterns
All these equations
All these predictabilities 
Come from One Who is unpredictable
From One Who has no form
No shape, no patterns that He would ever fit into
I wonder what would I say, what would I do
If I ever had the chance to meet Him
Right there, in my face, in my person
What would that be like?
I’m sure it wouldn’t be like these dark and quiet shadows
Shifting with the angles of the sunlight
I’m sure it wouldn’t be predictable
Though likely predictably incredible
Awe-inspiring, shaking, thundering
These geometric shapes have changed
Yet still there is a pattern
Maybe there is message here
That the methods can change
And change with time
Yet there is always the pattern of love

The geometric shapes of shadows line the bay
Yet the sun is still high enough to make it like mid-day

No comments:

Post a Comment