Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Day After the Best Day



The Day After the Best Day
It’s funny how I want certain days to linger
Almost drowning in all of the goodness
Exhausted from the fun
Yet, a night of sleeping later
I awake to a sense that all of that is now a memory
There is stillness in the now
Unknowing in the future
I reach back to see what’s left from yesterday
And find much treasure there
Yet I know I cannot dwell there
Missing the treasure of today
The hope of tomorrow
I find that gratefulness keeps the memories whole
Fresh amongst the newly blooming flowers
Gratefulness keeps me right where I need to be
In the center of all of God’s goodness
So I take this moment in the right here and right now
I thank You for bringing me here
Everything has turned out for good
Just like You said it would

I am so thankful



No comments:

Post a Comment