Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Choices



Choices
Too many choices now
I could spend the rest of my days
Searching for everything that is nothing
Toys, games, vacations, wares
Clothes, phones, mutual fund shares
I don’t even have to get up from the couch
I can sit here like a leather slouch
Consuming all that comes into my orbits
Yet there is always this stirring
There is always this stirring deep within
No rhyme, no reason, no cry, no whim
Seems to meet it or explain it
I think we all are made for something more
I think we all go beyond the meandering bore
Of the retail mall circuit
Not that any of the things we need are bad
Not that any of the things we want are ugly
But they do not define the who we are
They do not fulfill the rising star
That is continuously rising within our chests
I look for answers, I look for rest
It seems like it is only where the stillness resides
It seems it is where the mystery hides
It seems to go beyond all the reason
No shape, no circle, no time, no season
Seems to contain it at all

I look forward to the cool of fall
As I choose to go walk up the mountain

8/9/17

No comments:

Post a Comment