Saturday, January 2, 2010

Living



New Year’s Song (Living)
Starting fresh, starting new
There’s not much else left to do
But sit here and ponder
Sit here and wonder
But no, no, no that doesn’t go
It only leads my heart to woe
And split asunder
I split asunder
So step ahead, step ahead
Keep on going though the light is red
From all the others that say they’re brothers
But move along, move along
Cause I’m singing freedom’s song
And not another, never another

I’m going high, higher than ever before
Eyes to the sky, and my heart is still begging for more
I say my good-byes, and put my feet to the floor
No pain, no sighs, I’m just knocking on the right door

Going out, going forth, going long, going on
My heart is beating now stronger
I can feel the sunlight coming down hard, coming loud
And the days are now getting longer
I don’t know what to do, what to say, what to feel
Yet my soul has never been better
I don’t have to know anything at all, and I don’t have to know everything
I just have to believe in Your letter

I’m going high, higher that ever before
Eyes to the sky, and my heart is still begging for more
I say my good-byes, and put my feet to the floor
No sad good-byes, I keep knocking on the right door

You may say I’m history, a wanna-be
Or you may say nothing at all
I just ask, and I just seek, only seek, only knock
And into Your goodness I fall
I just fall, and after all
This is everything and anything, and is simply just living to me…

K, Duane Carter 1-2-10

No comments:

Post a Comment