Thursday, January 14, 2010

Downpour


Downpour
I’m just looking for a reason to live
I’m just searching for someone to forgive
Me
I’m just looking for a life that won’t ever leave
I wanna wake up in the morning and not have to bereave
I want to look up to the skies and know my hope isn’t just there
But it lives in me and breathes in me like I breathe the air
I, I, am looking for love
I’m not looking for a home that is swirling above
Me
I’m simply looking for a reason for living down here
I’m simply looking for the courage to step out of this fear
I, I, am looking for love and no more…
I, I am simply looking for love and no more…and no less
Is there not something there within me that cries out for love’s best
I’m just looking, looking out for what’s real
It’s surreal, it’s ethereal, can I feel, can I feel
It taking over my skin?
Can I taste of something good? For once can I win?
I’m just looking for that reason to live
I think that I could be somebody that I could forgive
I’m just looking for that life that never will leave
I wanna wake up in the morning and not have to bereave
So where is love? So where is love?
As I lift my head above, where is love?
I hear it calling
I hear it falling
Like the rain
Like the rain

Here is Love

K, Duane Carter 1-13-10

No comments:

Post a Comment