Saturday, December 2, 2017

Listening to the Wind


Listening to the Wind
Sometimes it’s best just to sit here listening
The sound of the Spirit moving in the silence
Anticipation in the air
The samplings of a gourmet chef
With all the smells and whistles
None of the thorns and thistles
But a balancing nonetheless
I break from far-off weary dreams
To embrace this quiet lull that seems
As nothingness is the norm
Yet the violent wind of storm
Awakes me to the difference
I listen, calmer, deeper still
While the windowpane is shaking
I carry on to the throne of God
Where everything is breaking
Where everyone has entered dance
Where no friend is forsaking
It is the best world of them all
For no fright is resting there
It is the greatest world of all
Only love is resting here
I am awakened to the difference
There is no end it seems
To this place of living, immortal dreams
Where colors are tasted
Great is delight
Where sights are mere wonders
Never is night
Except where sons do not shine
Once again, I am awakened to the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment