Sunday, July 30, 2017

The Battle



The Battle
Sometimes I just sit and ponder
and wonder
At the great, great beauty of the world,
Versus the great, great evil
At first I thought all the evil was found
where people were 
I was right
However, then I realized
Some of the greatest beauty was found 
Where people were, where the people are
So people aren’t the problem
It points to a deeper source
A source hidden and dark and slithering
The tension of it all
Beautiful wonder there to cause me to erupt in wondrous joy
While at the same time the heartbreak of darkness leads me to put a gun to my head
Pulling the trigger
Scattering all those visions of grisly horror and tumult away
That wouldn’t do a damn thing
The evil would still exist
And there would be one less soldier to fight it
I fight a battle that is part of a great war
The war has been won already
Yet there are up-risers on the loose
I stray away from the meaning of this day
To see the extremes of great beauty and great horror
All existing on this same planet
Which one will overcome?
Isn’t it amazing…

It is up to you and to me to decide




*Image is not mine, but was obtained from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment