Friday, July 21, 2017

Determined



Determined
I haven’t written in quite some time
In prose or poetry or broken rhyme
I’ve simply walked along the pathways
Living life, watching days
Drifting along as the ancient sails
Their ancient groans and cries and wails
Still circle this blue globed earth
Still fill the seas with joy and mirth
As they are accompanied by the sailors’ songs
This rambunctious evening, this darkness long
Has held the silence my mind is craving
No other thing has been more enslaving
Than this debacle going through my mind
This devils’ treatise, this going blind
Through the never ending ways of busyness
Through the never ending void of soft caress
I have succeeded in what is seen, I have not in the sublime
So before I leave this meandering rhyme
I am determined to know my life’s source
Whether lion, ostrich, lamb, or horse
I am determined to know the difference 

That simply being me can be

No comments:

Post a Comment