Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Moment


Often at sunset
when the sky is a series of colors indescribable 
But every one of them a hue of violet and rose
It is at that moment I realize
There is a greater world
There is a reality more real than the one I know
It’s not that I don’t like the skies of blue
But it’s that these colors, these phases, these hues
Are stepping stones to a more lovely place
I can almost feel the air
it is alive
These moments are the moments living is all about
These moments are the moments my heart lets out a shout
Because it sees the things that I don’t see
It feels the things that I have never felt
Nor could ever feel
And survive to relive the experience
I simply wish sometimes these moments were eternal
Because I always realize that they are

K, Duane Carter 4/21/12

No comments:

Post a Comment