Monday, December 1, 2008

First Snow of Winter


First Snow of Winter
I see the snowflakes falling like the gifts of God
Innumerable but soft
Pure and white
Breathtaking all the while
Bringing to my face a smile
For I see it is a promise of things to come
Now they dance, now they fall
A picture of my worship of the All
The All-powerful, All-knowing, Ever-present One
He lifts the flakes on swirling winds
The Spirit moves just so within
Yes, it never ceases to amaze me
How God can speak in any way He pleases
The sound of the snowflakes falling
Is just like the sound of His voice
You can hear it if you’re listening
You can hear it if you’re listening
I pray we take the time to listen
For His whispers fall like the snowflakes
Innumerable and pure
Secrets and wonders just for you
They cover up the old
Getting ready for the new of spring
He whispers now, but then He sings
And only when we listen in
Will the new begin in us again
You can hear Him if you’re listening
You can hear Him if you’re listening
We see the snowflakes; we hear His voice
We hear them land; we see His love
It does not melt away to nothing, no
It places water where there will be life
Get ready for the new; get ready for the new
The snow does tell of the coming dew
Where the water of His Spirit will cover us every day
His goodness will bring us into His life, His Way
You will see it if you are listening
You will see it if you are listening

Let me see You, Lord, I am listening

K. Duane Carter
12-1-08

No comments:

Post a Comment