Sunday, April 7, 2019

Musings on Sunday (Unfinished)



Musings on Sunday (Unfinished)

We often feel we must have something to say
We must have this profound wisdom
This answer
And we must have it now
Give it now
Know it now

Yet we really live in the midst of a vast universe
Unknown
Untouched
Never experienced
Still we think we know it all

We know nothing
Nothing at all

Our knowledge and our opinions are infinite
Yet they are a microscopic drop
An atom
A proton
A quark
In the midst of millions of galaxies

So who am I to judge my brother
Who am I to tell my sister she is wrong
Who are they to tell me who I am
Who I am not
None of us have the right to judge another
None of us hardly know ourselves
Much less what drives the heart beats of all the others

See, I live in the midst of great distractions
I can’t join one thought to another
Without an interruption in the mix
It’s a miracle these sentences come forth
These thoughts born right in the middle of chaos
Might simply be a picture of how life really is

I try to shut down the noise
But the noise is just too voluminous for me
Waves come crashing in from everywhere
Now my thoughts are lost in a sandy mix of dark frustration
Grating against my soul

Creating thousands of pearls

I put on the piano music
Listened through the earphones
So that I don’t pay back evil for evil
I consider the others
Even though there is no consideration for me
It’s the way I’ve always been
It’s the way I’ll always be

So here we are
Alone in the world again
I know life is meant to be lived with others
It’s not to be lived alone
But I can’t take all the delusions
I simply want to live in my home
Being what I am supposed to be

Where was I before all of this droning
Who was I before all the stoning
My broken bones and bruises might be healed
The memories still reside
I think I must make the journey inside
To see the one who walks the earth
The one who sees the heavens
The one who lives in the both and the and
The one who sees the purpose in the sand
The one who sees the emptiness of the time
And all its fullness thereof

I don’t think this will ever be finished

4/7/19

No comments:

Post a Comment