Monday, December 17, 2018

Rescue


Rescue
I could spend the rest of my life feeding this monster
For when I starve it, it doesn’t go away
So either way I seem to be a perpetual roommate
To something that is destructive to me
Right in the midst of making history
Right in the midst of a changing tide I decide
To go back into the darkened waters again
Another swim
in the ice bath of indecision and doubt
Then a rout of the accusations begin
So another swim
I just keep going deeper and deeper

The sounds of happiness are outside in the back yard
Children running and playing
Speaking of things completely insensible
Yet of reality all the same
They are not naive nor are they ignorant
They are simply more aware
Of the life that is flowing through their hearts

The sounds of the music grow stronger
The chords bring meaning and wonder to me
They progress towards the oceans of deeper
Where light is in the depths of the sea
It was the laughter that made all the difference
It was the joy in the running that came
It was the smiles of playing innocent children
That brought me right out of mundane

K, Duane Carter 9/26/13

No comments:

Post a Comment