Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Stillness



Stillness

I need days like today

Quiet
Dark
Raining
Cool

Pain surging through my lower back
With every little move

So stillness is the order of the day
No frenetic activity
No urgent motion
Just quiet sitting listening to the waters flow
Just listening to the heartbeat grow
Toward a restful anticipation of good
I sense these things amongst the woods
The forests of soul and spirit 
I hear the beckons, I might be near it
I might be far away
Yet I would know nothing of anything this rainy day
Without the colors of the quiet

Autumn leaves outside my window
Bright reminders of brighter days
Shorter, still
I gaze out from the windowsill
There is always a spring after the winter
My soul for so long broken, splintered
Now the humus is ready for growth
Up into that never seen, never known
Up into all that has been known by the ancients
Up into all that is made to be me
I see the stately redwood trees
Are still with steadfast smiles
They’ve never moved an inch, a mile
Yet they know the vastness of the oceans

Because they understand the life of stillness

Quiet
Dark
Raining 
Cool

I have a day in wisdom’s school 

I have a day in the stillness
And I am so grateful for it

11/27/18

No comments:

Post a Comment