Sunday, September 2, 2018

MishMash


MishMash
My logic and beliefs have worked me into a place
Where my own life is totally meaningless
I felt the inky black tar pulling me in
A small black hole here in the arms of the Milky Way
Small, but still no light could get through
Somehow wakefulness pulled me out of its throes
I still could smell the scent of woes
Lingering amongst my skin
I have no friends, I have no kin
Here in this place of foreign apparitions
Today I touched the black partition
That separated us from the world of the sane
The fright still grasps my soul, my feet 
Still know the sense of being the head
I hope I never know the dread
Of feeling overwhelmed again

“Happiness doesn’t come from what you have
It comes from what you are.”

Hmmmm

If that is the case I might be great
Or I might be on the path to destruction
Dismembered by the power of a gravity so great
No atom may enter untouched

“If I have many material goods, I will not have time to care
For the things I really love, then I lose my freedom.”

There is such goodness that comes from other worlds
Maybe this trip to the black holes of my own
Is showing me its time to look out to the Cosmos
To find the diversity of the light in the stars

I’m finding myself more in balance now
I’m finding the air to breathe
I think it’s time to sit here quietly
Taking the moments for simply enjoying the sun
I don’t know if I’ve lost or won
But I’m learning I cannot know it all

But I surely can let All know me


No comments:

Post a Comment