Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Daffodil



Daffodil 

I don’t like it when creativity will not come
I sit here staring at a screen
Having thousands of things to say
That all seem to mean nothing at all
I think too much
I wonder what difference will it all make
Unfortunately it seems the answer is always the same

Nothing

But can that be true?
Can a pebble be thrown into the sea
And not a ripple be made?
Can a butterfly flap it’s wings
And it not be felt far, far away?
Or is that even what I am here for anyway
To make some sort of major upheaval
Maybe I am a daffodil
I come forth quietly on the waves of warm sun
I spring forth for a time
I show forth beauty
I cause someone I don’t even know to smile

I’ve fulfilled my worthwhile

Then I go back into the earth to replenish the next

I have touched

I am a part

Of Eternity

2/7/18

No comments:

Post a Comment