Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Choosing

The Choosing
I’m at a place of mental exhaustion
And that’s a very humiliating thing for me to say
I’ve always been proud of my ability to handle adversity
Chaos, struggle were great unknowns
Now I find myself hardly able to remember my name
Is this the way it must be when all is the same
When all is a frenzied rendition?
Maybe so
Maybe not
I refuse to enter the world of dry rot
The place where all is a beggar
The place where all one seeks is pleasure
Where all one finds is pain
I am not going there
I rather decide to see what is before me
A rising sun, a setting moon
A simple lunch I take at noon
These things brings a spark of the grateful into my soul
This is a step toward me being whole
Simply being thankful for the good around me
I understand there is frantic and frenetic maelstrom
But I also know there is dancing and music
So I choose to imbibe in the latter
Relishing a glass of California wine
Listening to the weavings of the Ponderosa pine
Allowing beauty to alter my course


I can feel the breezes from the oceans

No comments:

Post a Comment