Saturday, December 10, 2016

Ambivalent


Ambivalent
Ambivalent
So difficult to stand for anything these days
Tolerance has boiled us down to split pea soup
Not very attractive
Not very appealing
Little to no flavor
In desperate need of salt
I never, ever hear the halt
Of wisdom before reply
I listen to all this hubris, I sigh
Because no one seems to see the hate
Everyone is so irate
That none of us can hear another’s heartbeat
We’re too damn consumed with our own
So I will climb down off my lofty throne
To begin to simply listen
In the places where the dungeons glisten
I know there is a goodness somewhere within
Treasure is never easy to find
For if it were it wouldn’t be treasure
Maybe all of this uproar is our clarion call
That in the midst of all the difference, the turmoil
We seek for the meaning within it all

That meaning that always is above and beyond ourselves

No comments:

Post a Comment