Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Call from the Ancients


A Call from the Ancients

I sense Your presence
Like waves of wind
Passions of fragrance
All amongst the generations
The nations, the genders
My father, long passed on
Still looks at me and calls me on
Time to bring the heart to life
Time to bring the heart to life
The drum begins to beat, growing stronger still
The sound of rushing waters, the blood is flowing
A cry rises up in the Spirit
A cry for overcoming on earth
Where the arrows in our quiver are fiery love
The casualties bring on new birth
The horses release a mighty thunder
Lightning guides the way
We bolt and thunder behind the pillar of cloud
We swarm behind the Fire of Day
Never taking our eyes off the Prize
Never, ever taking our eyes off the Prize
For victory is not my yearning hearts goal
It is the Victor Who I want to see

K, Duane Carter 8-26-11

No comments:

Post a Comment