Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Winter Blahs




Winter Blahs

It’s difficult to write poetry
When you’re dead inside
Everything is lifeless
Everything is irritating
I’m not sure how that happens
Feeling irritation when you’re dead
But that’s when it seems to happen the most
Every little thing
Is like a huge boulder
Dropping on your toes
Over and over again
In some kind of cruel repetition

I hate writing things like this

I hate words like hate and cruel and irritation
I don’t want those kind of contrasts in my life
I don’t want that dark background
Making some supposed light seem brighter

I simply want to enjoy the sunlight again
I simply want to feel the air against my skin

I simply want to feel, feel something
Besides all of this negative bombardment
All of this shrapnel of violence irate
All of this smoldering backwash of hate

I want to feel something besides this

So maybe a death is quite necessary

Maybe a death to all of these things
Will bring forth a life where everyone sings
Everyone plays
Everyone dances

In love and war and long romances
Everyone is who they are to be

Not stuck up in this hollow tree
Hearing nothing but the sound of me

2/18/19

No comments:

Post a Comment