Tuesday, January 22, 2019

New Day



New Day

It’s very hard to be a perfectionist
Because the very standard I use for me
Is the one I use for others
And everyone fails in this system, including me

Utterly
Miserably

Which makes me wonder

Maybe perfect is not the way any of us should be
Maybe I am fighting against a reality
That will never, ever move
I work so hard to test and prove
I am right
While all existence says “Not so.”

I’m not quite sure which way to go
But I do know I must turn away from here
This place that only knows judgment and fear
I must leave it at once

I have no idea where I am going
But anywhere else must be better
I might just need to write a letter
A letter of resignation to my former self

Clear these self-made trophies off of the shelf
Go outside, breathe the air
Look up to the mountains there
And take the worst photo I’ve ever taken
Laugh it off, let my perfection be shaken
Right off into the colors of the sunrise.

1/22/19

No comments:

Post a Comment