Saturday, October 7, 2017

Autumn (Change)



Autumn
An introverted poet
Often it is an inanimate life
Filled with avoidance
Loneliness
Introspection
Questions
Doubts

People seem more like interruptions
Than the gifts they truly are
I can sit all night and wish upon a star
Yet if there is no one else to share it with
What does it ever really matter?

But reaching out is so hazardous
So much energy
So much risk
So much potential for pain
So much potential for love

I’ve reached the point of my abyss
Where I must choose to take the risks
Even if it is moment by moment by moment

Lots of slips and falls
Lots of angry retribution
Lots of cursing others
Much more of cursing myself
Yet I must get up again
Looking up toward the sunlight

I must not walk along the river
But through it
In it
Going along until it runs over my head
I pick up my feet and let it carry me instead
Of constantly fighting to keep my balance

Every step is a choice
Every choice is a step
I’m not sure why I’ve even chosen this direction
Other than deep within me my being cries out for me to

There must be something worthwhile at the end of this
Or maybe the treasure is scattered all along the route
With this thought my heart has a quiet shout
That is the first I’ve felt since my childhood

I must pursue the beauty, I must pursue the good
All while the good pursues me

I see the changing tree

10/7/17

No comments:

Post a Comment