Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sunday Mornings


Ambiguity seems to be the order of the day
Especially from ones who claim to pray
To a Being they have never seen or known

Dishonesty seems to play a part
Particularly in the religious art
Where those who have never seen or heard
Are telling me I am a raucous bird
Because I speak with Him every moment

Distraction seems to be the key
To attempt to allure and bury me
Into a place where there is no reality
There are only rules and regulations

I must have love and I must have real
Forget all about this curb appeal
That doesn’t get the orphan fed
And doesn’t give the hungry bread
It just sits and consumes the sunlight

I sit and I sit here quietly
And God just sits right next to me
And that right there is the meaning of life
And that right there is the ending of strife
So I’m just going to sleep in on Sunday morning
And meet with my family in another way.
My goodness, it is such a beautiful day!

I sit with Wonder, I sit with Love
I rest in the Goodness, I am placed above
I walk through darkness as I am bathed in light
I watch True Love simply blow away fright
And know this is just where I am meant to be

Totally free….

K, Duane Carter 6-19-10

No comments:

Post a Comment